Torch Light Music School
Torch Light Vision
From The Director of Torch Light Music School, Maura Lynch
Torch Light Music School was created to be a music school designed for the eager young musician and artist. Providing advanced training from the beginner’s first steps towards their greatest joy, to the young professional venturing out into their career in music. Torch Light is a music school that brings out the best in every student in a fun, safe, non-competitive environment that allows each student to find and experience their personal best in their own self-expression through excellence in music.
Torch Light was also created to aid in a student’s self-discovery and self-esteem by finding their Voice. Torch Light students will grow more confident and excited at the idea of expressing themselves either in the classroom, with friends, in any social setting, interview or on stage. A student’s quality of life will be enhanced by engaging their desire for music in a way that is thrilling, excellent and provides measureable results. Students with a desire to pursue music in college, semi-professionally or professionally, will find that their dreams can be guided practically, creatively and with attainable goals that ensure measurable outcomes; advanced performance experiences that could ultimately lead to professional opportunities in music. A student will know that their dreams can begin and be achieved with one active step and consistent follow-through towards finding their own unique Voice.
As an arts educator, music director, singer and composer for over twenty-five years, I have had the thrill to perform in some of the finest venues such as Carnegie Hall, Symphony Hall and Notre Dame Cathedral in France as well as work with some of the finest musicians from many musical backgrounds including Leonard Bernstein, Seiji Ozawa, Sir Colin Davis, Kevin Eubanks, Gary Burton, Phyllis Curtin, Mark Johnson, Marty Richards, Stan Strickland and Aine Minogue to list a few.
Still, there is no greater reward for me than to help a student discover their love for music and see them put their excellence into action. Our goal at Torch Light Music is to provide a place for these young artists to grow and increase their sense of self-esteem while providing them the finest music education and inspiration possible.
I am honored to be a partner with these young artists in their learning and in their lives. Production Manager, Clyde Ford and I continue our collaboration from Mo-Co Music for the past 15 years to our expanded vision, Torch Light School of Music.
"The lessons I take with the incomparable vocal/piano coach Maura Lynch, who has helped me beyond the point that words can describe, have not only bettered my talents but they have bettered my spirit." ~ Mikey Rallo
- B.A. Music and Vocal Performance from Boston University (awarded full 4 year scholarship)
- Post Graduate Studies at Berklee College of Music and The Longy School Of Music
- Over 20 years experience in arts education
- Guest vocalist with the BSO and the BBC Chorus and Orchestra
- National & International recording artists
- Toured as vocalist throughout The U.S. and Europe including appearances at Carnegie Hall-New York, Royal Albert Hall-London, Notre Dame Cathedral-France, Basilica di San Giorgio-Italy, Kongress Haus-Austria, Symphony Hall-Boston, Jordan Hall-Boston
- Performed with (as musicians and DJs) and managed several cover and original bands throughout New England since mid 1980s
- Created multicultural curriculum for over 465 students weekly
- Created over 20 children's musicals and CDs
- Founder, Musicians for Peace in N. Ireland
- Project Director, Peace in Ireland Project
- Professional arts entertainment and management since 1991
- Guest vocal artist on "Get Ready for Boston" with Troubadour, Inc.
- Owner and Creator, IMPRESSIONS Ceramics
- Owner/DJ of Encore DJ Services